Monday 13 January 2014

Skiing




            Skiing is one of the very first things I learned growing up. I started skiing before I could talk. My parents put me on a pair of skis when I was one! Once I was able to walk, they immediately put me on a pair of skis.
As I look at a toddler and imagine putting them on skis, then watching them go down a hill, just mentally puts a disaster in my head to happen. But luckily for me I came out alive! My parents showed photos of the first days I learned to ski. I had a rope tied around my tiny waist so they would be in control of my speed. Yes, this made it safer, but the thought of a one-year-old going down a steep hill, still sounds dangerous. People sometimes don’t believe the age that I started skiing. That’s how ridiculous it sounds for some people. Others though find it to be awesome, such as myself. In the end that was the best decision my parents made for me.
If you’re planning on skiing, you are in for an experience and a lifetime enjoyment. Skiing is incredible. The rush of energy and adrenaline that you get daily from rushing down the snowy slopes on a mountain is memorable. Skiing has brought many memoires for myself. Great ones to remember and others too forget. You must remember that this is a sport, and every sport comes with the risk of an injury. I’ve had my share of injuries. To some people it would cause them to quit skiing, but I fell in love with this incredible sport, and to this day I continue to ski.  
    
Free Falling down a cliff onto a fluffy snow landing!
Picture above: http://www.engadinsnow.com/picture/upload/image/ENGADINSNOW_Freeride_2.jpg
Cool skiing website to check out for unlimited skiing: http://www.newschoolers.com/home

No comments:

Post a Comment